Welcome to Andrea's Creative Quests. It is my hope that this will be a place that I am able to share the treasures which arethe results of my adventures in ART. I desire to be able to showcase my creations, keep myself motivated to create, and inspire others to embark on their own ARTistic adventures.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I pray that every dad everywhere had an incredible day.  Even though my kiddos are off touring the country, I wanted to make sure that my DH had a great day.  I also wanted to help my son's girlfriend make the day a little bit special for the dads in her life.  I am so excited that I got to be the one to initiate Britney into the world of ART!   The scuba divier card was made using my Cricut, my Life's a Beach cartridge and my copics - I cut everything out of white paper and colored each piece individually.  The card has some 3D elements to it.  Needless to say, my DH, a master scuba diver LOVED his card.
Britney's step-dad loves anything that goes fast...  Fast cars, fast boats, fast motorcycles...  you get the idea.  He also likes to hang out at the river, relaxing!  So, while I am the proud owner of the Cars cartridge for my Cricut, I felt that Paul needed a card that was a bit more mature.  So, once again I used my Life's a Beach cartridge and cut white paper and colored the individual pieces, once again using my copics.
Finally, Britney stamped Popcorn the Bear from Crafter's Companion and used Bic markers to color her ART.
From all reports, Britney's cards made a great impression on both of her dads.  Who can resist a hand-made expression of love?
Happy Father's Day!


No comments: